Surrogacy is a popular option for couples who are unable to conceive naturally or carry a pregnancy to term. However, the high cost of surrogacy can be a barrier for many couples.
Ukraine has emerged as a leading destination for surrogacy due to its legal framework, affordable costs, and high success rates. In this article, we will explore the cost of surrogacy in Ukraine, including the fees involved and the factors that can impact the overall cost.
Legal Framework for Surrogacy in Ukraine
Surrogacy is legal in Ukraine, and the country has established legal regulations for surrogacy agreements. According to Ukrainian law, a surrogate mother is not considered the legal mother of the child, and the intended parents are listed as the legal parents on the birth certificate. The intended parents are required to go through a court process to obtain legal custody of the child.
The surrogacy process in Ukraine is regulated by the Ukrainian Ministry of Health, which sets guidelines and standards for surrogacy clinics and medical professionals. The ministry requires that surrogacy clinics and medical professionals adhere to strict standards, including the use of high-quality medical equipment and the implementation of rigorous quality control procedures.
Surrogacy Costs in Ukraine
The cost of surrogacy in Ukraine is significantly lower than in other countries, such as the United States or Canada. The average Surrogacy Cost in Ukraine ranges from $30,000 to $40,000. However, the cost can vary depending on several factors, such as the clinic, the surrogacy program, and any additional services.
Surrogacy clinics in Ukraine offer different types of surrogacy programs, including basic, standard, and VIP programs. The type of program chosen can impact the overall cost of surrogacy.
The basic surrogacy program in Ukraine includes the following services:
- Surrogate mother selection
- Surrogate mother\’s compensation
- Legal support
- IVF procedure
- Embryo transfer
- Pregnancy monitoring
The basic program is the most affordable option, with an average cost of $30,000.
The standard surrogacy program in Ukraine includes all the services offered in the basic program, as well as the following additional services:
- Egg donor selection and compensation
- Sperm donor selection and compensation
- Donor stimulation medications
- Embryo cryopreservation
The standard program is more expensive than the basic program, with an average cost of $35,000.
The VIP surrogacy program in Ukraine includes all the services offered in the standard program, as well as the following additional services:
- PGS (Pre-implantation Genetic Screening) testing
- Unlimited IVF attempts
- Egg and sperm freezing
- Donor transportation
- Legal support for international clients
The VIP program is the most expensive option, with an average cost of $50,000.
Additional services can increase the cost of surrogacy in Ukraine. These services include:
- Egg or sperm donor: If intended parents require a sperm or egg donor, additional costs for donor selection and compensation will apply.
- PGD/PGS testing: If intended parents want to test the embryos for genetic abnormalities, additional costs for testing will apply.
- Legal services: If intended parents require legal assistance in their home country, additional costs for legal services will apply.
- Travel and accommodation expenses: Intended parents must factor in travel and accommodation expenses for themselves and their surrogate mother.
Factors Affecting the Surrogacy Cost in Ukraine
Several factors can affect the overall cost of surrogacy in Ukraine:
Before proceeding with the cost breakdown, it is important to note that surrogacy laws in Ukraine are very favorable for intended parents. Ukrainian legislation permits surrogacy for married couples and single women.
Intended parents can also obtain legal parenthood from the moment of conception, making the process relatively straightforward compared to other countries.
Now, let\’s take a closer look at the cost of surrogacy in Ukraine. The overall cost can vary based on several factors such as the choice of surrogacy agency, the type of surrogacy program, and additional expenses like travel and accommodation.
- Surrogacy Agency Fees: The surrogacy agency fee is one of the most significant expenses involved in the surrogacy process in Ukraine. These fees cover the cost of finding and screening the surrogate mother, facilitating communication between the surrogate and the intended parents, and coordinating the medical and legal aspects of the surrogacy process. On average, surrogacy agency fees range between $15,000 and $25,000.
- Surrogate Mother Compensation: The surrogate mother\’s compensation is another significant expense involved in surrogacy. This covers the cost of the surrogate\’s medical and living expenses during the pregnancy. Surrogates in Ukraine can be compensated between $10,000 and $15,000.
- IVF and Embryo Transfer Fees: The in vitro fertilization (IVF) and embryo transfer fees are also a significant part of the surrogacy cost. These fees cover the cost of the medical procedures necessary to create the embryos and transfer them into the surrogate mother\’s womb. The cost of IVF and embryo transfer in Ukraine is around $5,000 to $7,000 per cycle.
- Legal Fees: Legal fees cover the cost of drafting and reviewing surrogacy contracts, filing documents with the government, and obtaining legal parental rights for the intended parents. Legal fees in Ukraine are around $4,000 to $6,000.
- Medical Expenses: The intended parents are responsible for the cost of medical expenses related to the pregnancy and delivery of the baby. These expenses include prenatal care, delivery charges, and postnatal care for the surrogate. The cost of medical expenses can range from $3,000 to $6,000.
- Miscellaneous Expenses: Intended parents may incur additional expenses, including travel and accommodation, translation services, and insurance. These expenses can range from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars, depending on the specific needs of the intended parents.
To conclude, surrogacy in Ukraine can be a viable option for intended parents looking for affordable and legally secure surrogacy services. The total cost of surrogacy in Ukraine ranges between $40,000 and $60,000, which is significantly lower than other countries like the United States or Canada. Additionally, Ukrainian surrogacy laws are favorable and provide legal protection to intended parents and surrogates alike.
However, it is important to note that the surrogacy Cost in Ukraine can vary depending on several factors, such as the clinic chosen, the surrogate\’s compensation, and the number of attempts required to achieve a successful pregnancy. Intended parents should carefully research and compare different surrogacy options and clinics in Ukraine before making a decision.
Overall, Ukraine\’s affordable surrogacy costs, coupled with favorable laws, make it a viable option for intended parents seeking surrogacy services.